Sunday, December 27, 2015

And a happy new year!


I guess I unintentionally started a new family tradition last year: making fresh breakfast rolls. This year, I took breakfast to a new level by making fresh breakfast rolls AND croissants.




It sounds like more work than it really is and Christmas, where all you do is eat and sleep is perfect to fit some dough-folding every 30 minutes into your schedule. 



Plus, if you are lucky, you are being rewarded with a beautiful sunrise to enjoy while the rest of the house is still asleep!


































I followed her instructions obediently and trust that all my readers understand German so I'll just direct you to her recipe (there is even a step-by-step video, so it's basically fool-proof!). My only alteration was that I prepared everything the afternoon before and then let the raw croissants rise over night to then bake them early in the morning while preparing the dough for the rolls!


































So either you make up a great excuse now or you surprise your loved ones with freshly baked croissants and breakfast roles on New Year's Day! Happy New Year!



copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment