Friday, November 21, 2014

Paris

As I had to get back to Berlin from Bretagne via Paris, I decided to spent 2 extra nights there. I had been to Paris several times before, but that was a long time ago.





















Actually, I didn't really want to go to Paris, but to Giverny (more on that in the next post). And it also turned out not to be the smartest thing to go to Paris in August, when 95% of its inhabitants, shop owners and chefs are on vacation! Mon dieu, the frustration of discovering that almost all the places (restaurants...) you want to visit are closed!




















I did however by coincidence walk right into this little shop "au petit bonheur la chance" (13 Rue Saint-Paul, 75004 Paris) which sells objets trouvés from the past. You can find anything from clothes to post cards to linen to glossy prints, buttons, toys and rubber stamps. I went wild on the rubber stamps but could have just as easily bought up the entire store.





















Since I had been to Paris and all its big tourist attractions before, I decided to take things slow and just walk around a couple of neighborhoods, like the Marais. Though I did enjoy myself and definitely have to give Paris another try when stores and restaurants are open, I just don't like it as much as I like rural France. (And it certainly didn't help that I had a throroughly upset stomach from eating a Tartar at a really, really nice restaurant. I so wanted to blog about it but didn't feel like it after I spent my first day back in Berlin in the bathroom...)
So when I wrote that coming back to France after not having been there for some years was like meeting an old lover again, visiting Paris was like the eye-opener when you remember why you actually once upon a time broke up...























copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment