Saturday, September 20, 2014

Perros Guirec

One of the nicest parts of the Grande route is the leg between Port Blanc and Perros Guirec!


































I did exactly as indicated on this sign and at walking speed made my way to Perros Guirec.






















My hotel in Perros Guirec was right on the Trestraou beach, a true dream come true! Upon my arrival, I immediately changed into my bikini and spent the rest of the day on the beach. I told you this was the perfect vacation! Of course I also ate the opéra I had bought at La Chaumière as a picknick on the beach, totally normal, right? It was good, but I have to bitch a little bit about the fact that the patissiers in France no longer make the opéra with a praliné layer at the bottom? I mean, helloooo, everyone knows that that is basically the best part of an opéra! So chèr monsieur le patissier, get your act together!





















I spent hours watching high tide turn into low tide! The tower you see here was completely under water the last day I was there (one day before full moon)! It's truly mesmerizing to watch how the ocean rolls in!

































On my second day in Perros Guirec, the weather wasn't picture perfect, at least in the morning. But I didn't mind, as it was a day off  from hiking anyway, and I had planned to take the boat tour around the sept îles, a bird sanctuary. I thought the masses of birds were rather freaky, and if anyone could please explain to me, why thousands of birds don't collide when they all fly in the same area in the sky? Answers are greatly appreciated! (And  stories about secret towers with whom they radio and constanly inform mister bird air control... no, I don't buy that!)





























After dinner, I always took a long walk along the beach, watching the sunset (at 21.45!!!!). Comme dieu en France, what can I say!

















































copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment