Friday, September 5, 2014

Paimpol-Tréguier

After the Ile de Bréhat, the next day's hike went from Paimpol to Tréguier. The red and white marker became my best friend. The joy of seeing one when you're no longer sure you're on the right track, ahhh!



















I had already bought a quiche in Paimpol earlier that morning, and when I walked through l'Armor I stopped at the local market stall and bought some fruit and tomatos for my picknick. A crate of strawberries from Plougastel had to follow with me though it didn't even make it to the picknick but was eaten up long before...
I also got some peaches and 5 cherry tomatoes which I didn't even have to pay for!






































Most of the time, my path looked somewhat like this: magical, right?































Am I the only person to think that the dog on that sign looks like a little lamb? In any case I love the idea that dogs are forbidden at most (all?) beaches in Bretagne!





















If I were allowed to show only one picture to explain France to Marsians, this would be it! I mean, a picknick table designed so that everyone can enjoy the view of the ocean? Only a Grande Nation like France would be so sensitive to the small pleasures of life!























And this was my picknick for the day. What, you mean you don't decorate your picknicks with flowers? Well, that's your loss!




















On the days that the weather permitted it, I made blueprints of things I had collected during my hikes: shells, flowers, sticks, whatever! The ocean is perfect to develop the blueprints right then and there.




























And hydrangeas... can you ever get tired of them in Bretagne? I had the impression that it would have been a bigger challenge to eradicate them like weed than to have them in your garden!

























copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment