Sunday, July 6, 2014

Apricot Nectarine jam with Vitamin C

I've sort of lost it completely this year when it comes to home made jam. I just can't stop. Not even the fact that I ran out of glasses made me quit - I just went and bought more. And I don't even feel like I'm done yet.


So far I've made:
Strawberry Kirschwasser jam (not pictured)
Apricot strawberry amaretto jam (not pictured)
Black currant Crème de Cassis jam (pictured)
Apricot nectarine jam with vitamin C (pictured)

Apricot nectarine jam with vitamin C is probably my favorite! The idea to add vitamin C comes from a friend who once brought me a glass of jam which I absolutely loved! This year, I finally made some myself! The vitamic C has the effect that the jam doesn't taste too sweet, almost a little tard, in any case super fruity and extremely delicious!


































Apricot nectarine jam with vitamin C

500 gr really ripe apricots and nectarines (I think i took 4 or 5 apricots and one nectarine)
juice of one lemone
250 gr of preserving sugar
1 teaspoon of vitamine C (from the pharmacy or drugstore)

Mix everything and heat the mix, after 3-4 minutes, puree part of the jam, put the pot back on the stove for another 2 minutes or until the test whether it has set or not is positive. Fill the jam into glasses which you previously had waiting in a bowl with cooking water.



Tastes best with a Splitterbrötchen from Hacker-Bäcker!

copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment