Saturday, January 25, 2014

Well, hello there

Back in Manhattan for another five months. Central Park is a winterwonderland and I really enjoy the -15 °C so much more than the 45 °C during summer. There's no such thing as cold weather, only inappropriate clothing!


Speaking of which. One thing I simply cannot get used to is the fact that all men in Manhattan wear their pants 5 centimeters too short. With each step, the pant legs happily flutter left and right, five centimeters above the shoes! As the granddaughter of a very talented seamstress I guess I just have to live with the fact that looking at all those too short pant legs causes me physical pain and almost lets me forget my peaceloving nature as I feel compelled to tell every man passing by what an aesthetic, indictable offense he is commiting.

P.S.: Shouldn't Sagan rather have said 'If you wish to make apple pie from scratch you must first wait for the universe to at some point in time simply materialize through one big bang'? I mean, invent the universe? Really? That's like saying America was "discovered" by Christopher Columbus! But that's just my snippet of T.O.E. wisdom...

copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment