Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Reservoir II / Horizontal beats vertical



Now that I've walked around the reservoir in Central Park several times, I understand the magic of the place: in a city, where your perspective is filtered vertically by Skyscrapers everywhere you go, your brain longs for an undistracted horizontal far-sightedness. About the only place that provides this in New York on ground level is the vast reservoir. It puts things into perspective, a horizontal one.


P.S.: Remember the turtles I mentioned in my last post? Well, the other day, I actually saw one of the turtles lay eggs. See that little white thing to the right? That would be a turtle egg. I am not sure how the breed the eggs though because I don't think you can built a thorough nest on the concrete edge of the reservoir. Anybody know?

copyright of all photos j.

No comments:

Post a Comment