Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New York Philharmonics in Central Park

This blog is kind of turning into a music blog, who would have thought? 
Yesterday I attended this year's New York Philharmonics free concert in Central Park. When I walked home from it at 22:30, it was still 29 °C outside. The New York heat is killing me!!! But at least during the concert, the warm (and, compared to the 37 °C during the day, colder) temperatures felt quite right. 

  



There were lots of people, quite a number of balloons, a firework at the end that looked a little bit like all the leftovers from July 4th thrown together, the New York Philharmonics on one and and the New York Midtown Skyline at the other end. And just when you thought it could not get any better, lighning bugs started to swarm out among the crowd!! I loooove lightning bugs. If I will ever have a pet, it must be a lightning bug!
There was unfortuntaley also quite a lot or muttering, Daniel Barenboim in Berlin would have not approved of it. When he plays at Staatsoper für alle, you could hear a pin drop, the audience is that quiet.








 

copyright of all photos j.

2 comments:

  1. How I wish I could have been there - a warm (hot) summer night, lightning bugs and the NY Philharmonics - what did they play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What they were playing? Instruments! Haha, I know, soooo funny, right.
      First, Dvořák's cello concerto, then Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5.

      Delete