Friday, March 15, 2013

Meals on wheels: Mallorca, Artà

I admit I was more than skeptical about Mallorca. First, there is its reputation of being the housewife-holiday island of Germans ("Hausfraueninsel"). Second, the weather forecast was not to my liking, to put it politely, when I checked the weather almost compulsively the weeks before my vacation. And it did start out bad since people on the plane were applauding after the landing. I shit you not. There are only two occasions when people clap after landing: a) you are on a charter plane, b) you just survived an almost plane crash and the captain really is a hero. I don't know what is worse (actually, I do). Need I say I hate people applauding on a plane? 






BUT. When I have lunch in Artà, and get served a plate that looks like this, then that one meal is enough to make up for an extremely grey Berlin winter. 





The colors so vibrant, the taste so plain ( in a good way) and balanced it makes you happy inside out.
Artà seems to have a lot of nice restaurants on offer, and the one I picked truly was the right choice. 

Café Parisien
Carre Ciutat 18
07570 Artà










 copyright of all photos j.

I think I would hate Mallorca in peak season. As early march however seems to be the off-season of the off-season, I start to quite like it. The three best things about it are:
1. No matter where you are on the island within no more than 1 hour, you will be at the ocean.
2. No matter where you are on the island within no more than 1 hour, you will be at the ocean.
3. No matter where you are on the island within no more than 1 hour, you will be at the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment