Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Santa

Time is flying and Christmas is just around the corner. Instead of a recipe, I will give you a list of ideas of presents foodies like you and me would really really appreciate to find underneath the Christmas tree. 
Back in the summer, my sister went to La Réunion and all I got was this lousy t-shirt. Errr, no. Wrong text. My sister went to La Réunion and brought me the most amazing ground cinnamon ever, the best vanilla sugar in the world, on top of that vanilla salt (great for pumpkin dishes for instance), beans, lentils, poivre rouge, ravinsara leaves and last but so not least: fresh vanilla beans. Dear Santa, can you bring everyone a sister like mine? If that is asking too much, can you at least bring everyone at least one of the mentioned spices and staples?
Or how about a petite boîte de foie gras? At least in my kitchen a present very much so appreciated. Some toasted brioche to go with it, and you have the perfect Sunday breakfast. 
And lastly, most women always appreciate flowers, so how about some fleur de sel in a chekered bonne mama glass? And yes, I totally think that you should buy a little mother of pearl spoon at ting, so that you can scoop the salt out of the glass jar... Cuteness overload!




1 comment:

  1. I got some vanilla too and I keep it till christmas, because I intend to prepare a creme brulee and hope somebody will help me!

    ReplyDelete