Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bite-size nutella brownies

Today's recipe is perversion brought to a whole new level. It's basically 90 % nutella, 10 % flour, 180 °C and then be happy.
When I was a little girl, breakfast would mean one slice of golden toast (that was the brand name) and nutella on top. But breakfast at 7 in the morning was not my favorite meal of the day and I guess sometimes I just simply refused to eat anything. So in order to not let me go to school hungry, my Dad used a little trick: he would draw images into our nutella-breads with the tip of his knife. I remember that flowers were very popular, as well as hearts, and the combination of my (or my sister's) name with a heart was the most dearly loved scraffito. And it also worked in the sense that we would then eat the master piece.
Today, I no longer eat nutella every morning (maybe because no one would scratch pictures into my toast and my dad lives to far away) but I still find it equally challenging to eat something at 7 in the morning (smoothies are the answer, no chewing needed, just gulping). But whenever I do eat nutella, I either eat it on a bun with a thick layer of butter underneath the nutella (perverted, I know, but try it, sooooo goood!) or on the soft part of a brezel (yummmm).
I always have a jar at home but I need like a year to finish a glas, so I went on the look out for nutella-recipes. This nutella brownie recipe is a true gem: very few ingredients, baked in 10-15 minutes and super delicious.



 copyrigth of all photos j.

Bite-size nutella brownies

150 gr of nutella
30 gr of flour
20 gr cocoa powder
1 large egg
1 pinch of salt
some hazelnutes, cut into pieces

Preheat the oven at 180 °C (gas stove 2-3). Mix the nutella with the egg, then add the other ingredients. Use small paper cups and fill these with about a teaspoon of dough each. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and bake for about 10-15 minutes. You want the inside to still be moist. When they start to crackle on the top, they should be about right. 

As seen on this blog

1 comment:

  1. Nutella on a fresh Broetchen with lots of butter is the every best, I totally agree!
    The brownies have been on my to bake list since I saw them first at paules, too.

    ReplyDelete