Saturday, June 11, 2011

Don't try this at home, kids!

I already blogged about my favorite strawberry dessert last year, but if you were not yet following my blog then, you should definitely follow the link - it is simply the best. Today's recipe comes in second, and is definitely only meant to be enjoyed by grown-ups. It's simple, smooth, elegant, refreshing and tipsy. Once upon a time, it was called strawberries with amaretto-flavored curd cheese. Over the years, it matured into strawberries with curd cheese-flavored amaretto, so -please, kids- don't try this at home!



copyrigth of all photos j.


Strawberries with amaretto curd

500 gr of strawberries
250 gr of curd cheese (quark in German, but if you can't come across any, your best choice is turkish yoghurt)
100 ml of heavy cream
sugar
amaretto

Cut the strawberries into small pieces, mix them with 2 teaspoons of sugar and set them aside. Whip the heavy cream and mix it with the curd cheese. That way, the curd cheese will get fluffier. Now, add as much sugar as you like, i's suggest somewhere between 1-3 tablespoons. Likewise, add amaretto to your liking, I'd recommend between 5-10 tablespoons. Some like it very subtle (my Mom), others (yes, that would be me) like it very, very strong!
Makes 3-4 portions. If kids are present, just set aside some curd cheese and cream mix for them, which you can additionally flavor with sugar and vanilla sugar.

6 comments:

  1. I will try this dessert tonight, but I ´ve got a problem: I have no Jahrgangsquark ! So may I take a fresher one?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey , I was to lazy to go to the cellar to fetch the amaretto. so I took Cointreau instead and it was quite good too.but I think this way it tastes better with orangesegments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this today. Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Juhe: Since the queen of Jahrgangsquark won't notice at the moment, you may use pre-date-of-expiry-quark..I won't tell her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Andrea: I know, it's a total revelation! So simple, so good! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmh, klingt gut. Das muss ich uns mal zum Wochenendsnachtisch machen. Ist aber nicht der Erdbeercappucchino, den es mal beim Stricken gab, oder?

    ReplyDelete