Sunday, December 26, 2010

And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas...

Have you ever heard this line in that stupid christmas song "Do they know it's christmas time at all?"??? Have you ever been to Africa? I have and even before I had been the only thing that came to my mind when I heard this song was 'Well thank God there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas... climate change is already doing enough damage on the continent and snow would really be the last thing people need...'. Anyway, enough of my christmas wisdom! Schlachtplatten wishes you a merry Christmas!

I am sure you are all enjoying your favorite Christmas dinner this weekend so I spare you a recipe and instead show you some christmas impressions! We are having a white, relaxed, food and laughter filled christmas and are enjoying a few days off and you should be doing the same!








We have enough christmas tree ornaments to decorate 20 trees with, but for the last three years, we decided to go with a tree decorated with birds only. Along with that came a Maneki Neko standing underneath the tree trying to catch the birds.... if that ain't a modern interpretation of a nativity scene then I don't know what is...



copyrigth of all photos j.

Scientists have recently solved the problem of getting as many cookies out of a sheet of dough. Read all about it here (in German).  Little did they know that our grandmothers had already developped the perfect multi-cookie-cutter! This must be one of my all time favorite kithcen utensiles!

1 comment:

  1. You're so right about that song!! It's so wacko!!!

    ReplyDelete